The following information is for current or potential owners
of Long Term Lease Lots in Areas A, C, D, and G.
- All Lease Lots are subject to an Annual Lease Fee. The fee is set annually by the Park Management Committee.
- All Lease Lots are subject to annual taxes which are due August 31 of every year. Taxes are assessed by Market Value according to Provincial Regulations. Click below for link to Alberta Government Property Assessment and Taxation. http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/mc_property_assessment_and_taxation.cfm
- All development requires a permit from the County Development Officer and must conform to the County Land Use Bylaw.
Sub Lease Agreement:
- 40 Mile Park is owned by the Saint Mary’s River Irrigation District and is leased to the County of Forty Mile No. 8. The Head Lease with the SMRID expires December 31, 2036.
- A new Sub-Lease Agreement was created in 2001 and at the same time the Head Lease with the SMRID was renewed. The 2001 Head Lease contained the following section which automatically renews all Leases signed prior to January 1, 2001 for 25 years.
- 4.3 Any and all Sub-Leases granted by the Lessee prior to January 1, 2001 will be amended to twenty-five year terms beginning January 1, 2001 and be subject to Article 8 of this Agreement.
- Sub-Leases may not continue past the Head Lease expiration date and all new transfers will expire on December 31, 2036.