Font Size: A A A

Hay and No-Spray Agreements

Hay Agreement

Anyone who would like to hay the grass along County roadsides are required to contact the Main Office for a hay permit which must be filled out and returned by May 15. The permit is free and gives us a chance to avoid mowing or spraying prior to haying taking place. The permit is for County roads only and permits for primary and secondary highways must be obtained from Volker Stevin. Failure to obtain proper permits may result in the ditch being mowed or sprayed.

No-Spray Agreement

Ratepayers who do not want herbicides used along roadsides adjacent to their land may obtain a No-spray Agreement with the County by contacting the Agricultural Fieldman at (403)867-3530. The landowner will be required to post “Do Not Spray” signs in a visible location along their land.